Computer-Assisted Translation (CAT) & Machine Translation Post-Edition
CAT, MT, post-editing, MTPE... What should you choose?
Do you have an urgent translation need? Are you looking to translate a large volume of texts quickly and with a limited budget? Do you want to translate operational text with no specific strategic importance for internal use?
Beauty Words will identify the most appropriate, bleeding edge technological solution for your needs: from an optimised translation process utilising CAT tools and translation memories to machine translation with complete post editing (MTPE). Our teams will offer their support and advice so, together, we can make an informed decision about how to proceed.
The best of both worlds… in a context adapted to your needs
A two-step process, this service unites the best technology with the expertise of a specialised translator.
Step 1: implementation of a dedicated machine translation procedure. Professional machine translation is used to enrich, over time, a translation memory that will thereafter be used to pre-translate new content. However, as a translation engine cannot replace the linguistic and domain-specific expertise of a professional translator, your pre-translated document won’t be perfect…
Step 2: the specialised professional translator selected for your mission – chosen based on their native language and competencies in your domain – begin a complete corrective proofreading of your pre-translated document. Their intervention is what we refer to as a complete post edition: omitted or superfluous words, translation errors (mistranslation, grammatical or conjugation errors), spelling mistakes, terminology non-compliant with glossary (if this was defined and provided upstream), terminological errors, restructuring of phrases, editorial style, correction of punctuation and number formatting.
With the final document, you’ll enjoy a quality translation, whatever the target language.
Depending on your needs, partial post-edition may be a more appropriate option in order to accelerate the process and further minimise the budget (internal-use documents, for example).
In which instances might machine translation with post-edition be appropriate?
This translation process is reserved for specific contexts, and always requires the prior consent of our client.
It is particularly useful in these instances:
- Extremely short deadlines, which wouldn’t allow for human translation without machine assistance
- Enormous volumes of text to translate: multilingual product catalogues, for example, numerous product descriptions
- Informational documents for internal use, which are operational and non-strategic for the brand communication or image: the translation allows for collaborators to understand the broad strokes of the content and, in this circumstance, mistakes (such as punctuation, spacing) and “small” errors (order of words, repetitions, imperfect sentence structure) may be left if they don’t confuse the sense of the message.
Still have some questions about MTPE?
Advantages of CAT tools
Using a CAT tool allows us to:
- Guarantee terminological consistency throughout all your documents
- Reduce translation costs
- Reduce lead times
machine translation with post-edition
Machine translation, when combined with rigorous post edition, allows our client to benefit from decisive advantages for certain projects:
- Extremely rapid turnover
- Rates that are (even more) competitive
- Translation quality in line with objectives and needs